Here’s a list of where you can view Cherry Blossoms in Germany some of this is a repeat of my North Rhine Westphalia (NRW) post on Cherry Blossoms. I lived in Essen, Germany which is part of the NRW region from 2015 to 2016. This is more comprehensive and includes more regions; please note that cherry blossom trees only bloom in Spring and the flowers don’t last long so head over to the city websites if you are keen to see the cherry blossom trees. A little bit of planning is needed to catch them in time.
- Bonn: Bonn is famous for its cherry blossom trees, particularly those in the Altstadt area along the Rhine River. Bonn even hosts a Cherry Blossom tree festival which I attended way back in 2016.
2. Berlin: The Botanical Garden in Berlin has over 200 cherry blossom trees that bloom in the spring.
3. Hamburg: The Alsterpark in Hamburg is a popular spot for cherry blossom viewing during spring.
4. Munich: The English Garden in Munich has several cherry blossom trees that bloom in late April.
5. Stuttgart: The Killesbergpark in Stuttgart has a beautiful cherry blossom avenue that is worth a visit during spring.
6. Frankfurt: The Palmengarten in Frankfurt has a collection of cherry blossom trees that bloom in the spring.
7. Heidelberg: The Heidelberg Castle Garden is home to several cherry blossom trees that bloom in April and May.
8. Düsseldorf: The Hofgarten Park in Düsseldorf has cherry blossom trees that bloom in April.
9. Essen: The Grugapark in Essen has a cherry blossom avenue that is a popular spot for visitors during spring.
10. Aachen: The Lousberg Park in Aachen has a beautiful cherry blossom avenue that is worth a visit during spring.