16 on Main is a property for self catering in Arniston for up to 12 people visiting the Cape Agulhas area. I wrote about visiting Cape Agulhas and Struisbaai for just a day. This meant I never stayed over. I did however take a trip to Arniston in 2015 for Valentine’s day weekend with classmates from high school. I’m no longer friends with most of them. Despite all of that the trip itself was fantastic.
I don’t usually review places where I stayed over. However, in this case I think I finally should because it is hard to chose a place to stay in the region. All the places close by are small towns and you don’t want to end up forced to stay in a house which is dirty, cold or too far from anything.
16 on Main is a large house with lots of rooms. Four double rooms and two twin rooms to be exact. The kitchen is well equipped it truly has everything you will need. There’s linen and enough towels too. All you need to bring with is food, clothes, your toiletries and a camera. The house is close by to the beach. It’s a short walk to get there roughly 2.3km (1.4 miles). The house is immaculately clean, I didn’t see a single speck of dust. The lounge and kitchen is open plan making the house feel spacious. The furniture is pretty and you will find small nautical themed details throughout the house. An ornamental shell, or painting of the sea reminds you that you’re spending some time in a coastal village. These rooms are all self-catering. You have to buy food beforehand as there aren’t big malls close by. You also cannot request room service at an additional cost.
- Off street parking available
- Outdoor braai/barbecue area ( it looks beautiful)
- Fridge and bar fridge ( there’s lots of space to store food)
- Daily housekeeping ( you have to request this service)
- No smoking in house and bedrooms
- DSTV (provides multiple television channels to subscribers) , and standard TV channels
- Security cameras, the area is pretty safe but, the house does have security cameras.
- Wi-fi (new feature)
What is there to see?
• Waenhuiskrans – 1.6km (0,9 miles)
• Cape Agulhas Lighthouse – 30.3km (188 miles)
• Cape Agulhas – 30.3km (188 miles)
• Shipwreck Museum – 25.6km (15 miles)
• Arniston beach – 2.3km ( 1.4 miles)
• Struisbaai beach – 23.9km (14.8 miles)
• Agulhas beach – 28.3km (17.5 miles)
The cost of booking the house is R2,800 (191,01) for 12 people. I split the costs so I paid only R234 ($15,6) per night. The entire trip with petrol (gas) money, food and accommodation cost me R1000 ($68,2) and I spent two nights and three days in Arniston.
Since I stayed over way back in 2015 the costs haven’t changed much. And I checked to find updated costs, this is the most accurate information.
You can make a booking here: https://www.sa-venues.com/visit/16onmain/booking.php?t=book
Send an email via this blog at :https://xplorio.com/arniston/16-on-main/
You can call 16 on main directly at: 084 323 6427 / if you are dialling from outside South Africa it’s +27 84 323 6427
If you are visiting Cape Agulhas, Struisbaai or Arniston this is a good place to stay. You do have to travel around with a car. There’s no public transport services which will be able to get you to all the attractions.